Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vacation

I have now had the opportunity to be out of school for a week and a half, and it's kind of crazy how much time that seems to have taken as compared to the previous week and a half (which seemed to take no time at all).  This past weekend I traveled with my family to Arizona for my cousin's wedding, and this week I am spending the majority of my time helping my mom and sister prepare for her graduation party this weekend.  You honestly wouldn't think it was that big of a deal, but honestly--there's more to do than I would've thought possible.  This week, in fact, is a veritable maze of activities to get through--last night was commencement, tonight my (other) sister graduates from her technical school, Friday is the youngest sister's birthday, Saturday is commencement, and Sunday is the graduation party.  Then, on Monday, I'll be starting my externship at 8:30am.  After that, I'm sure the updates will probably be a lot more often--and, hopefully, a lot more interesting. 

Random side note:  I re-read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the plane this weekend, and finished it in bed this morning.  Maybe this is sad, but I seriously get intensely emotional every time I finish the book.  It's weird how the experiences with which we grow up become such a part of us, even when they're fictional.  For me, HP brought my family together during the busiest years of our lives, and when the 7th book ended, I think we all mourned a little for the loss of a friend.   Thankfully I can revisit all the books whenever I want and get the whole experience all over again. :-)

Ok, cheesiness over for today.  Time to pick up middle sister from school before I get thundered on. 


1 comment:

Katya said...

Do not feel cheesy, when Harry Potter was over I was bummed. super bummed.

Have fun with all your parties! and good luck on monday!