Sunday, March 22, 2009

I love it when I remember stuff

Since it's back to the grindstone tomorrow, I've been spending the past few days starting to study again, a little bit at a time.  It's nice, because when I get to study at my own pace instead of being constantly harrassed with new material that MUST be done RIGHT NOW, I actually enjoy what I'm doing much more.  I've almost finished a cursory review of our first neuro exam material (thank you, brilliant neuro professors, for making our final cumulative--from last October.)  and I'm honestly pretty surprised by just how much I remember.  Granted, there is at least as much that I don't remember in the slightest, but it's familiar at the very worst.  It's just so refreshing to get to wake up when I want, do what I want during the day and throw some studying in when I get bored or feel like it, as opposed to just force-feeding myself.  

The great thing is, the next two weeks will be much of the same even though we're not on break anymore.  This week is what we call a PBL week where we just have some small group work at random times--no 8:00 AM lectures, and the only lectures at all are for ICM (which is, well, pretty much a blow-off anyway).  I think I might actually go to the ICM lectures for once, because honestly they're usually somewhat interesting--it's just that when the choice is to sit listening to some quasi-interesting but non-tested material for 3 hours or to spend that 3 hours getting some quality studying in, the choice is usually pretty obvious.  Anyway, point of the matter is that this next week is essentially going to be kind of like spring break all over again with just a few school-related activities to do, and next week is block week, which means we get the whole week off to study and take our exams on Friday.  After that, life will be grand because we'll be back down to only two classes!!  No more neuro.  Thank you, God. 

I have to say, though, that I have needed this break more than I think even I knew.  Just getting back to a normal sleep schedule has been fabulous.  Now, tonight, F is coming over to study and we're going to be incredibly girly and rent the Twilight movie.  Reviews to follow. 

No comments: