Sunday, March 1, 2009

Adventures in MacLand

I took my poor Mac back to the Mac guy immediately following my block exam two weeks ago.  He informed me it would be done by the next Monday.  Monday, he didn't call.  Tuesday, he didn't call.  Wednesday, I got fed up and called, and he informed me that he needed my system password.  As in, he had clearly opened up my machine, not been able to access it, and decided that it was not worth calling me even though multiple days had passed since he had told me it would be done.  I finally got the computer back the following Friday after the most frustrating three weeks of my life.  Since then, I've been making efforts to reload everything from my external hard drive, and it's pretty much back to where it was with the exception of the ridiculous number of pictures I still need to transfer. Hopefully I'll actually update a little more often as a result. 

In the other saga of "Everything I Touch Dies," we also finally have our Wii back now.  It had decided a few weeks ago to just up and stop playing any discs, which was unbelievably frustrating as it serves as our main source of entertainment that doesn't require money.  It has now returned as well, and one of our good friends located me a Wii Fit, so the yoga will commence!  (As soon as I have time to set the thing up.)

I spent this afternoon doing my last few hours of preceptorship in the NICU, which was fabulous again.  I love the fact that I got credit for holding a baby for half an hour today.  I also got to help out with a circumcision, but really, there wasn't much going on, and I got to leave early.  Probably a good thing, since I'm a good three lectures behind on neuro and need to catch up before tomorrow.  Which is what I'll go do.

No comments: