Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

It must be said that there is nothing quite so gruesomely appropriate for Halloween as sawing a human head in half down the midline.  I have to admit, that while I didn't have a huge problem with the idea going in, seeing the violence with which a human body was literally cut into quarters was a bit...unsettling, to say the least.  Once it was done, however, it seemed perfectly acceptable as we sat back to our dissecting.  

Med school is an odd, odd experience. A point made not least by the fact that it is 10:30 on Halloween night, and I am sitting at home reviewing the embryology of the placenta and fetal membranes.  Because I have nothing better to do.**

I'm a horrible procrastinator.  I'll probably just give up and start playing Mario on the Wii here shortly. 


**Actually, I really don't have much better to do tonight...and D is off tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to a day with him with relatively little studying, which is why I commit myself to this seeming torture at present. 

No comments: