Sunday, October 19, 2008

Freedom

Exam week went...well, it went.  It was the first time I've really understood the stuff I've read on other med blogs or from other people about the insanity of studying that is med school.  I literally crammed for the histo final for over 5 days straight.  Cramming for my undergrad histo final took about 3 hours.  My brain has never felt so overstuffed.  Luckily, however, gross comes much more easily to me (I think it's a visual thing) and so the fact that I kind of blew it off to study histo didn't bite me in the ass too bad.  It was pretty funny, though, because the night before the gross final, D was quizzing me on some of my flashcards, and after about 40 of them (out of the almost 500 I had prepared), he asked, "How in the world do you do this every day?  This is the most horribly boring thing I've ever done."  Welcome to my life, love.  

I got honors in histo, which is exciting.  It would be more exciting were it not for the fact that, due to a ridiculous extra credit opportunity that the professor meant to be used by people who were failing to bring their grades up (but instead was used to pad grades by almost everybody), 44 out of the 150 people in my class got honors too.  Oh well, an H is an H, at this point.  

The only problem I have now is that I feel like gross should be over, too.  It really does feel like we've been at this for a semester already.  Too bad it's only October.  And tomorrow, we get to replace histo with not one but TWO new classes, which are supposed to be the hardest of the year.  Oh, joy.  If I don't manage to catch up on blogging for a while, forgive me. 

This weekend, however, has been pure bliss.  I almost don't know what to do with myself since I don't have to study at all.  It's a fabulous concept.  This afternoon, I really need to mow the lawn...but I somehow think I'll end up playing on the wii instead. 

No comments: