Monday, January 5, 2009

First day back

Today was our first day back to classes, and in a lovely surprise they sort of took it easy on us today.  We didn't start physiology lectures yet, biochem was essentially a review of some basics from undergrad chemistry, and neuro was...well, neuro but nothing crazy.  I have a feeling things will get crazy soon enough but for now it's nice to not feel overwhelmed after one day. 

The most awesome part of the day came later, though, when I was doing some research into tax stuff and realized that, since we were first time home-buyers this year, we qualify for the government's first time home buyer tax credit--essentially, we're going to get about $7500 EXTRA added to our tax refund for the year!!  I, of course, immediately started mentally remodeling my kitchen, but my all-too-practical husband unfortunately wants to put the money in savings so that we have a rainy day account and maybe use it as savings toward another European trip in a few years.  I can't say I would mind going to Europe...or anywhere else for that matter...but I still want to try to convince him to spend at least a *little* of it on some stuff for the house.  I mean, I would really like a new sofa...or even a chair, or something so that we could fit more than four people in our living room without pulling out the folding chairs.  But we'll see.  Who knows how he'll feel when the money actually gets here.  

1 comment:

Greg♥Amelia said...

Congrats on the giant tax refund! I'm sure you can convince Daniel to splurge a little on something fun for the both of you!