Saturday, January 24, 2009

3 Down

It's kind of scary to think that we've been back at school for three weeks and it already feels like we never left. I've fallen pretty much right back into the routine of studying, although I have to admit that this semester, it feels a bit easier to balance my time between study and the other important stuff.  Maybe it's because we don't have gross lab taking up immense amounts of time, maybe it's because I've gotten more efficient.  Maybe it's because I'm not studying nearly as hard as I should be...who knows.  Either way I don't really care...it's nice to just not feel like I'm doing nothing but study all the time. 

Went and saw "Defiance" last night w/ my family.  It was excellent and I highly recommend it.  I love true life stories, and honestly it wasn't nearly as violent as I was expecting, all things considered.  My list of movies that I want to see in the new year, however, continues to grow every time I see the list of trailers.  Currently on the list are: The Reader, Revolutionary Road, Duplicity (Julia Roberts and Clive Owen--yum), Doubt, Watchmen, He's Just Not That Into You, and probably several others that I've forgotten to mention.  Too bad movie tickets are outrageously expensive and I probably won't get to see many of them til they're out on DVD.  

D closes at work tonight (which sucks) but he did just get promoted on Wednesday--which means not much change in job duties but a decent bump in his salary, which is exciting for both of us.  He's hoping to be able to apply for another job opening within the company within a month or two, depending on how things fall.  

Goals for Today:
  • Go Grocery Shopping--we quite literally have zero food in this house.  It's kind of pathetic.
  • Study physio, biochem, and force my way through neuro.  With any luck, do some physio practice problems and a practice test.
  • Vacuum this dog fur-ridden house. 
  • Call the Nintendo people, as our Wii has suddenly and to everyone's dismay decided it doesn't like playing games any more.  As this is one of our sole means of entertainment on a daily basis that doesn't require money, it will have to be remedied ASAP.

No comments: