Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Short White Coat

Today was the white coat ceremony at school, and now I have a short white coat with my nametag on it hanging in my closet.  It's a kind of crazy feeling...but at the same time it doesn't feel real at all.  Met my lab group, who seem decent enough.  The nicest thing about them (so far, of course) is the fact that there are 3 girls and 1 guy (including me) and all of the girls are married.  I see that as an advantage because all of us are committed to our families and, while we want to do well in school, refuse to get honors at the expense of our relationships.  So hopefully while we'll all be studying hard, it will also be easier to stay balanced and have a chance to get home at night without feeling guilty.  Not much else to report, other than orientation starts tomorrow morning, so I'm sure there will be much more to tell in the coming days. 

No comments: