Tuesday, July 29, 2008

House Stuff

Spent most of today cleaning out our garage (which was previously full of moving boxes and random crap) so that I could store a bunch of D's random stuff (which was previously in boxes all over our study and bedroom) so that I could actually clear space in the bedroom and office for us to live and rearrange the furniture as necessary.  As this sort of task would have probably killed me to perform by myself, my mother was kind enough to come over and help, especially with the de-spidering of the garage.  The office and bedroom are beginning to look like they belong in a real house of a real adult person, which is a huge relief to me.  I was beginning to think that this house would forever be just an extension of the proverbial college apartment.  Also, I think I've picked a paint color for the bedroom, so hopefully by the end of this week that might get painted and pictures can go up on the wall and such.  If that all happens...by God, I think it'll be pretty much set with what we can do for now.  Eventually, obviously, there will be many more updates...but that's for when we actually have cash.  Right now I'm just hoping that we don't max out the credit card before the loans come in on the 15th.  

In other news, I finally finished all of the requirements for immunizations prior to school starting today...that only took about three weeks.  Finally, after two blood draws for chickenpox and hep B titers, I can call it a rest.  Still hard to believe that orientation is less than two week away.  And the olympics are coming!!  For a brief side note:  I LOVE the olympics.  I get warm fuzzy feelings when I see all the heartwarming stories of athletes against the odds and people breaking world records and thinking about my first major olympic memory of Kerri Strug vaulting on one foot.  It seriously gives me goosebumps, so the ability to DVR all of the coverage and use it as a carrot to keep myself going in the first few weeks of school will be absolutely fabulous.  

No comments: