Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Board Prep Day...I don't even know

Well I'm about halfway done with this beast and I'm really starting to feel it. The first week was pretty easy. Last week, pathology about did me in. Not because it's difficult--it's just a LOT of information to cover in a week. I mean, we spent over 6 months studying all this stuff in lecture. Luckily, even though it sucked my practice test scores have been going up so I guess that means it's paying off. This week I'm working my way through microbiology, which has thus far been one of my weaker subjects on all the practice exams. I finished bacteria this morning--it's one of those weird things that has a lot of factoid memorization involved, which means that while the information is all in my brain somewhere, the little rote tidbits were not within reach. They seem to be coming back into consciousness relatively easily, though, so I'm hoping they'll stay there for the next 2 1/2 weeks until test day. All I know is that at this point, I'm about ready to just take the darn thing and have it done. I don't know how people say they study for this for months...5 weeks is too many for me.

No comments: