Thursday, July 23, 2009

Busy Bee

Once I was done with my internship, I thought the rest of the summer would be spent in a lovely lazy haze...but alas, not so.  Since I've returned from vacation, things have been veritably hopping around here.  My grandfather is still in the hospital, although doing much better and likely to be transferred back to a rehab facility tomorrow.  But the fact that he is in the hospital takes up a lot of time in the day--my typical days for the past week or so have included getting up and doing some light work around the house, going to lunch with my mom, grandma, and sisters, visiting the hospital for a bit in the early afternoon, and then either going to the gym or doing house stuff with my mom (or both).  We've accomplished a lot--I helped mom organize several things in her house so that her fourth bedroom can be converted to a sitting room/closet space (and I can have the twin bed out of it for our guest room), my guest room is moving right along towards becoming presentable, and tomorrow we're working on my lawn--but it has made these past few weeks fly by so quickly that all of a sudden orientation week is only about two weeks away.  

And of course, there's still a lot to be done before then, including:
  • Find and/or buy books, pencils, etc. 
  • Organize what books I'm going to sell at the book sale
  • Have several meetings with the pediatrics club officers, my fellow unit lab advocates, etc. 
  • Decorate unit lab (kind of like med school homeroom--I'm being a camp counselor of sorts with a few other people and acting as a mentor for the new first years during orientation week, which includes decorating their room for them)
  • Weed and mulch my front yard
  • Actually finish the guest room
  • (Hopefully) paint the bathroom ceiling
  • And I'd like to finish my honeymoon scrapbook.
Oh, I'd also like to relax a little.  Ah,well. 

No comments: