Wednesday, November 26, 2008

News Flash

I have an announcement.  Med school is hard.  Shocker, I know, please alert local media.  But no, seriously, and the reason isn't what you'd think.  It's not that the material is that difficult.  It's not even that it's an overwhelming amount of material (although it is a lot, lot more than anything you might have had in undergrad).  The reason med school is hard is because you never. get. a break. Last Monday, I had two sets of exams, and on Tuesday, we had class from 9-5.  So I studied like mad all weekend, took exams on Monday, and had to get right back to it on Monday night to read ahead for the material on Tuesday.  It's Thanksgiving break, and instead of just relaxing, I'm going to have to start reviewing for finals.  It just never lets up.  And it's that, the constant need to be doing something 24/7 to keep it, that wears you down.  There are times when your brain just wants to rest, but it can't.  Or there are times when you really need to study, but you can't because your brain just can't take any more that night.  Thank God Christmas break is only 3 weeks away.  

1 comment:

Greg♥Amelia said...

I can definitely relate! The first year of my masters program was miserable. This year, I’m finally getting some small breaks. Still, I've become so accustom to being busy ALL the time that when I do have a free moment I don't even know what to do with myself! Hopefully next year will be better for you.